Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"Seriously?"

I find myself saying "seriously?" a lot lately - maybe because Grey's Anatomy is getting ready to restart, but so many things seem to deserve it. In a grocery store quest for tempting health food, I discovered Fiber One Toaster Pastries... seriously? Do we really need to fiberize our Pop Tarts? Can't I just eat a chocolate cream Pop Tart and know I've done irreperable harm to my body without counting the fiber grams? And one of these lovely goodies (which is sure to cause extreme gastric upset due to the not-so-naturally occuring added fiber) still has 190 calories... seriously? Of course, I bought them anyway - couldn't resist the chance to taste fiber-laden Pop Tarts! : ) They didn't have chocolate, though...I settled for the cinnamon.

We now have to pay $60 to volunteer at school. Seriously. For the weekly pleasure of yelling at someone else's kids, we pay $60. I should say other parents have to pay because Trevor is almost never welcome at the school, so my ability to volunteer is limited. "Regular" volunteers (and they are working on defining that term) have to go through the usual clearances ($10 each) + now have to be fingerprinted by the FBI to the tune of $40 (at the volunteers' expense). Parents were upset about schlepping half an hour to the fingerprinting office, so the district agreed to bring the fingerprinting bus to school for our convenience. I wish I was kidding.

And, finally...to get political for a moment. I found out that Sarah Palin thinks that women who have been raped should not have a right to an abortion. Seriously? I can't imagine how any woman can hold this belief. I understand that we might have discussions about women who use abortion as birth control or "partial birth" abortion or many other controversial abortion topics, but rape? Seriously.

Now we'll turn the "seriously" back to Grey's Anatomy - Thursday night at 9 p.m. EST - two hour premiere! : ) I'm counting the minutes!

No comments: