Monday, September 22, 2008

Turn this Place on its Ear!

I'm feeling the need to purge! Not that I personally need to toss my cookies (although that would possibly be better than digesting the brownie I ate for lunch), but I need to purge my house, my wardrobe, my makeup - just everything! Well, we'll keep the kids and the hubbie, but everything else needs to be sorted and purged.

I think I get this feeling every fall - but this year more than ever before. Trevor is two and it's time for the baby toys to go. So, for starters, I need to dump all the baskets of toys on the first floor and a good half of them need to find homes outside of this one. My office...can you say the birthplace and deathplace of all unfinished projects? I can hardly stand it. I miss having the time to scrapbook - and I LOVE that hobby - but will I EVER find books for two large Spacebags full of photos? I think not! Who will sort through all of those photos? Ugh...

Every room in this house has a similar story, but back to me...when did I lose my sense of style - or maybe I never had a sense of style? I think I did - maybe when I first started working or at some point during high school when I put on my first pair of acid-washed peg-rolled jeans with my purple and black-striped off-one-shoulder extra big shirt with chain-link belt (wait...didn't I just see that shirt at NY and Company this weekend?). But, when did my style become assorted colors of v-neck t-shirts paired with a variety of capris/jean shorts/jeans that are too long or too short? I have a good friend who shall remain nameless (you know who you are, Jen B.... oops!) . Now, she has style! I saw her Friday with some casual, but super cute capris with a design on the bottom - just schlepping the kids around for the day, but still oh-so stylish! I never look that good even when I get "dressed up" (capris without holes in them + collared shirt). Granted, she's a size negative 4 and looks awesome in whatever she wears, but still... thin people can look like crapola too, and she does not look like crapola. I need to purge the wardrobe too. Seriously - right now I'm wearing a polo with the seam coming out. Is that necessary? Shouldn't I be ashamed that my boys dress better than I do?

No comments: