Monday, October 6, 2008

The 80s Called...They want their pants back!


I got a flyer from Limited Express recently. That I know it as "Limited Express" and not just "Express" shows my age because I remember when they were just getting started. In fact, some friends and I helped them open their location in Lancaster when we were in high school. My friend stayed on to work, but I went elsewhere (can't remember where for the life of me!).

In any case... clearly they never heard of the saying "if you were old enough to wear it the first time, you're too old to wear it the second time around." There were many old-school fashions in the Express flyer, but this one in particular made me laugh.


I think they should have fine-tuned their mailing and removed anyone over 35 - and everyone over 100 pounds. I'm certainly no fashion maven, but these pants are just screaming for the "what was I thinking?" list of the future. Also, the large horizontal-striped shirts - I know I had a couple of those in my closet in Jr. High. The only thing I can't figure out is where are all the bangles and multiple earrings in one ear hole? The lace in the hair and fingerless lacy gloves? What about the big, roller-coaster bangs and foofy permed hair? Guess that would be taking the retro look a bit too far? But, at least a little purple eyeshadow past the eyebrows...give me *something* to hold on to!

Had I found these pants before my "seriously" post, they would have made the list ; )

No comments: